This digital version of the Student Handbook is a summary of the rules and regulations that are in effect for all the schools in the Howell Public School District. Rules and regulations are very important to help make the Howell Township Public Schools safe and pleasant places for your children to learn. Click on all the sections of the handbook, which are located on the green-colored menu bar to the right of this webpage, and review this handbook with your child. We have also prepared a Primary Handbook, complete with easy to understand coloring pictures, specifically designed to help our younger students become familiar with school rules and routines. If there is a question, you and your parents or guardians may refer to this handbook, to the district calendar, and may also contact your child's teacher, guidance counselor, nurse, vice-principal, or principal
After reviewing the handbook, you are to digitally acknowledge/sign the Parent/Guardian and Student Acknowledgments found in the Back to School Portal. Be sure to update all information on your child's Back to School Portal account. All information is critical, and must be accurate. In the event of an emergency, this is the only way we have of knowing who to contact and what your wishes are for medical attention. Additionally, student medical information cards must be returned to your child's homeroom teacher by the end of the first full week of school.
We are proud of our students' academic achievements and good conduct. Teachers and administrators are always available for help, advice if you need it, or to answer any questions you may have. The following Expectations for Student Behavior should serve as a guide for your continued academic achievement and success throughout your years in school. All students should:
- Be ready mentally and physically to learn.
- Demonstrate behavior that is safe and non-threatening in school.
- Demonstrate respect for people and property.
- Every student, regardless of grade level, race creed, or gender, has the right to a harassment-free environment.
- Students will respect the rights of all other students and staff members.
- Students should address everyone with respect.
- Take responsibility for their own behavior and learning.
- Use time and resources wisely.
- Share responsibilities when working as members of a group.
- Meet the requirements of each class.
- Monitor their own progress.
- Share ideas and concerns with their parents/guardians and school personnel.
Thank you for your helping to acquaint your child with our school rules and procedures. Have a great school year!