Tara Vazquez, Director
School Bus Driver Openings - APPLY HERE
We wish you an exciting and safe year!
Parents preferring to drive or have their children walk to/from school must waive the right to student transportation by completing and submitting the NJDOE Revised Parental Transportation Services Waiver Form to your child's school.
Please be aware that during the period of the COVID emergency, there is not a requirement to identify a “family or economic hardship” to reinstate transportation. We would request however that you use the form provided so that we are able to maintain our records. Once we receive a reinstatement request we would foresee providing your bus stop information and providing transportation in three days or less.
- PLEASE NOTE: Students may experience a change to the bus stop from last year. Transportation will be picking up more “group” stops than in the past. Please check the bus stop location via the Parent Portal when reviewing your student’s information.
- Frequently Asked Questions can assist you in obtaining answers to most of your questions.
- All students residing in Howell are provided transportation to and from school. We go to great lengths during the summer to make sure the routes and stops are designed for safety and efficiency. No routes or stops will be changed without the approval of the Transportation Supervisor.
- We have provided a link to an inquiry form to request review of a routing or bus stop question. Bus Stop Adjustment Request Please do not hold up the bus driver for these discussions.
- During the first few weeks of school, please be patient as parents, students and staff familiarizes themselves with the busing process, especially on the first day as everyone wants a picture, a hug or a little extra time. Please have your child prepared to board the bus upon arrival. Similarly in the afternoon our staff takes great care to ensure all students are on the correct routes. Therefore, for the first few days of dismissal the buses will also be delayed.
- Over the years we have developed practices that enhance safety. Please review our video Bus Safety Video. All students should observe the school bus safety rules. Please partner with us for the safety and well-being of your children by reviewing the safety rules and discussing the importance of proper behavior on the bus to assist the driver in safely conducting their route.
- All students will have an assigned seat on the school vehicle. Seating assignments will not be changed for the first week of school unless there is an emergent need, and may only be changed by the building administration. Students should be ready for the bus 10 minutes prior to pick up time. Route times are subject to change if routes require adjusting once school has begun.
- We invite you and your child to visit the Transportation Department to familiarize yourselves with the bus and practice using the seat belts on the school vehicle. A school vehicle will be available at the Transportation Department, located at 280 Old Tavern Road, through August 23rd between the hours of 9:00am and 2:00pm, Monday through Thursday. Feel free to make an appointment by calling (732) 202-1740, extension 4603 or 4602.
- All school vehicles meet Federal and State regulations and are equipped with seat belts, stop arms and crossing arms. All bus drivers (district and contract) meet Federal and State regulation, including criminal background checks and random drug testing.
- You can reach the contracted bus companies for lost or found items, etc.