Len Abline, Director
The Howell Township Public Schools District is committed to ensuring that all of our students, employees, and visitors are safe and secure while at school, and we pursue this mission through effective policies, procedures, and educational programming. Our methods and approaches are developed through a strong working relationship with the Howell Police Department and other school safety services. It is through this collaboration that we shall continue to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of our safety and security guidelines and procedures.
WHAT IS IT THAT YOU, AS A PARENT, CAN DO TO SUPPORT OUR SCHOOL SAFETY AND SECURITY?
- Familiarize yourself with and follow the established School Visitor Entry Protocols.
- Ensure that your current phone number(s), email address(es), and emergency contact(s) are on file with the school’s main office and online in the Code Red section of the Parent Portal.
- Ensure the school nurse is aware if your child:
- has any food allergies
- has any special medical conditions or needs
- is on special medication that may need to be administered by the nurse (please make sure that the school nurse has a doctor’s prescription and a sufficient supply of the medication).