Proper Cleaning Care for a Device
- Turn the laptop off and unplug it.
- IMPORTANT: If the cloth is dripping wet, wring the cloth to where it is just damp. Avoid moisture from pooling around and under the keys.
- Use a disinfectant wipe or a sani cloth wipe, or a soft, linen-free cloth dipped in isopropyl alcohol. Do not use a paper towel.
- Rub the cloth or wipe gently over the top of the keyboard and track pad. Do not press down on the keys.
- Dry with a soft, lint-free cloth to dry.
- DO NOT clean the screen with a wipe or alcohol. Use a use a damp cloth or a a commercial electronics product such as Windex Electronics cleaner. Dry with a lint free cloth.