American Rescue Plan/ESSER III Grant - Safe Return to School Plan
We are in the process of completing and submitting the American Rescue Plan/ESSER III Grant - Safe Return to School Plan. Some important facts to know about the plan:
- The submission is required no later than June 24th and is attached to over $3-million dollars in ESSER III funding for our district.
- The areas of mitigation strategies that are required to be addressed are:
- Maintaining Heatlh and Safety
- Universal and Correct Wearing of Masks
- Physical Distancing
- Handwashing and Respiratory Etiquette
- Cleaning and Maintaining Healthy Facilities (including ventilation)
- Contact Tracing in Combination with Isolation and Quarantine, in Collaboration with the State, Local, Territorial, or Tribal Health Departments
- Diagnostic and Screening Testing
- Efforts to Provide Vaccinations to Educators, Other Staff and Students
- Ensuring Continuity of Services
- Public Comment
- In no way should this document be interpreted as final or a prediction of the plan for Fall 2021, but rather evidence that we are prepared with procedures in the event they are needed.
- This is not the grant, but rather a precursor requirement for the grant.
- The language used is intended to offer as much flexibility as possible given the uncertainty of future circumstances.
- It is a 'living' document meaning it will be updated as appropriate to meet the requirements of future circumstances should our circumstances change.
To view the plan, please click here: Safe Return to School Plan
New Jersey Department of Education Road Forward