As per Board Policy # 5112, a new resident child who has attended a public or private school may be placed at the grade level, other than kindergarten or first grade, recommended by the previous school.
If it becomes necessary to transfer a child to another school, the parent/guardian must obtain a transfer card from the secretary of the school at which the child is currently enrolled. Please be sure that the health information requested is completed. When the child is registered at the new school, a release form must be completed and sent to the previous school. This process permits the child’s records to be forwarded.
Eligibility of Non-Resident Pupils
The Board of Education will admit children of school age who reside in this district and will admit other children in accordance with law and this policy. The Board reserves the right to verify the residency or anticipated residency of any person who claims eligibility for enrollment.
Kindergarten/First Grade Entrance:
Online Kindergarten registration is open during the month of January. If you need to enroll your child after January, please visit the main office in your child's home school, and they will give you the necessary information. A child must be five years of age on or before October 1st of that year to be eligible to enter Kindergarten for the current school year.
- Certified Birth Certificate with raised seal and a copy of the certificate.
- Two proofs of residency
- Proof of Recent Physical Exam
- Health Record to include:
- DTP, 4 doses required, with one dose after the fourth birthday or any five (5) doses
- Poliovirus Vaccine – minimum of three (3) doses required, provided one dose is given on or after the fourth birthday or any four (4) doses.
- Measles Virus Vaccine, 2 doses, on or after 1st birthday
- Rubella Vaccine, given on or after 1st birthday
- Mumps Vaccine, given on or after 1st birthday
- Mantoux (TB) Test or IGRA blood test (recommended but not required)
- Hepatitis B – must have three (3) doses prior to school entrance.
- Varicella (Chickenpox) – (1) dose required, given on or after first birthday
- Dates of illnesses, serious accidents, and/or surgery
Orientation: April and May, This is informational, informal, and an enjoyable introduction to the school for the youngster. Parents and students are urged to attend.
First Grade Entrance
A child is eligible for entrance into first grade if he/she attains the age of six on or before October 1st of the year in which he/she applies for entrance. Please visit the main office of your child's home school to register.
Sixth Grade Entrance
- Meningococcal vaccine: One (1) dose for all students born on or after January 1, 1997, entering or attending grade six, and upon turning 11 years of age.
- Tdap: All students born on or after January 1, 1997, and entering sixth (6th) grade. One dose after 10th birthday. A child is not required to have a Tdap dose until five years after the last DTP/DTap or Td dose.