Gifted and Academically Talented Department Newsletter
- http://www.teachersfirst.com/gifted/strategies.html: What sets gifted children apart from other students in a classroom? It is primarily the ability to absorb abstract concepts, organize them more effectively, and apply them more appropriately. This website has suggestions that will help you develop a classroom environment that will challenge and nurture gifted learners.
- http://www.internet4classroom.com/: Interactive games and extra practice in content areas
- http://www.teachers.net: This website is the ultimate teacher resource featuring free printables, chat boards, and various web tools.
- http://www.4teachers.org: 4Teachers.org works to help you integrate technology into your classroom by offering FREE online tools and resources. This site helps teachers locate and create ready-to-use Web lessons, quizzes, rubrics, and classroom calendars. There are also tools for student use.
- http://crux.astr.ua.edu/4000WS/4000WS.html: 4000 Years of Women in Science
- http://www.geom.umn.edu:80/: Geometry Center (high school): The Geometry Center is a mathematics research and education center at the University of Minnesota. The Center has a unified mathematics computing environment supporting math and computer science research, mathematical visualization, software development, application development, video animation production, and K-16 math education.
- http://www.eduplace.com/math/brain/: Math Brain Teasers (Grades 3 - 8)
- http://www.dupagechildrensmuseum.org/aunty/: Aunty Math: Fun Challenges for Kids: This site has math challenges for students in grades K - 5. Students can send in solutions and view those from others.
- http://www.mathpentath.org: Mathematics Pentathlon (K - 7): This is made for children grades K-7 to help them have fun while learning through competitions that use five games per level from Kindergarten through seventh grade.
- http://www.thinkquest.org: ThinkQuest inspires students to think, connect, create, and share. Students work in teams to build innovative and educational websites to share with the world. Along the way, they learn research, writing, teamwork, technology skills, and compete for exciting prizes.
- http://www.internet4classroom.com: Interactive games and extra practice in content areas
© 1999-2013 Howell Township Public Schools